Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wonderful WIP Wednesday

It's been a while since I've blogged.  The 400 feet (well, almost) of snow that was dumped on us last month threw me out of sorts.  Anyway, I do have a couple of things to show.
I completed this top about a month ago. It's from A Quilter's Mixology by Angela Pingel.  I really love this book.
The curves were not very difficult. I finally found something for the backing and hopefully will be able to baste it this weekend.
I went on retreat with my the Boston Modern Quilt Guild this past weekend up in Kennebunk, ME.  It was loads of fun and I actually did some sewing.
I made this churn dash top out of a fat quarter pack of Botanics.  The blocks finish at 9".  The layout is 7x8.  That means that there were 224 HST's to trim.
I didn't think to look for a backing while up in Maine.  We always make a trip to Mardens.  Hopefully, I'll have something in my stash.  The last thing I need to do is buy more fabric.
I bought these 3 fat quarter bundles before I went on retreat.  I was really naughty and bought about 30 yards (yes, 30 yards!) more at Mardens, but it was such a good deal. I hid it put it away before I had a chance to photo it:)  I promise I'll make good use of it.

Things are looking up. The temperature is supposed to be over 50 degrees tomorrow!  I even saw little buds on my raspberry bushes today.

Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced








Joyful stitching,
jane

7 comments :

  1. These are gorgeous Jane!! Love the colors you used in both quilts. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your churn dash is amazing!!! Fabric bought on retreat doesn't count;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Mixology quilt - that pattern always catches my eye - looks great in those colours, super job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mixology quilt is so lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that churn dash. What a great use of those fabrics. Hey, we only go to Marden's once (or twice) a year. We have to take advantage of those great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the cuved quilt. The colors are excellent. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you survived the winter! The curved quilt looks great! I have yet to try curves. You have some beautiful fat quarter bundles. I look forward to seeing what you make with those.

    ReplyDelete