Monday, September 1, 2014

A Rootn'-Tootn' Finish

I thought it was about time to get busy on my hopeful finishes for the 3rd Qtr. FAL hosted by Katy at The Littlest Thistle.  My list can be found here.
I finished this cute little cowboy inspired quilt.  This is one of my easier hopefuls on the list.
The fabric is Sasparilla by Riley Blake.    I bought this fabric last summer when we learned that our first grandchild in the making was a boy.  I ended up making him three other quilts and this fabric just sat in my cabinet. 
The pattern is a simple tumbler block.  I have a template that is made to fit a charm square, so it couldn't be any easier.  I used 2 charm packs and added a strip of yardage to the top and bottom to make it a little bigger.  It measures 34"x43".   I topstitched a little more than a 1/4" along either side of each seam.

I used a couple of pieces of coordinating yardage on the back.
I love this print. 
I wanted the binding to stand out so I used a coordinating red star print.  The little cutie is all washed and dried and crinkled just the way I like it.

Joyful stitching,
jane

Linking up with Lily's Small Blog Meet.
Small Blog Meet

7 comments :

  1. Absolutely love your fabrics. The quilting and binding are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely quilt, and that backing fabric is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic fabric choices! A lovely quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt! That little boy isn't going to go cold this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric and the pattern! I love those patterns that look way more complicated than they are - I may have to invest in one of those tumbler templates for charm packs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, now I need to make a tumbler quilt. Your version is *so* sweet. The fabrics are adorable, and I like the strips you added to the top and bottom -- they seem to make the quilt a bit more modern to me. : )

    ReplyDelete