Thursday, March 6, 2014

Layer Cake Sampler Quilt Along

Like a needed another project...

There's a great Layer Cake quilt along hosted by Amanda at Material Girl Quilts.
It gives me a great excuse to use up a layer cake that has been languishing in my stash for much too long.

The goal is to make 2 blocks each week.  Each block consists only of half-square triangles. I'm using a Ruby layer cake and am happy with the results so far.
Amanda has a great tutorial for cutting the HSTs.  We're on blocks 3 and 4.  I've actually constructed the HST units for most of the blocks, so assembly will take no time. This is a really easy project.
Here's what I have so far...
 Block 1
 Block 2
 Block 3
 Block 4

So far so good.

Joyful stitching,
jane

5 comments :

  1. Love Ruby! Might have to head on over and take a look at the hst tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fabric line! I am still hoarding some in my closet!

    Great looking blocks. Its amazing to see what you can do with some HST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use up some precuts!!! One of my favorite lines... can't wait to see it all together:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh a Ruby Layer Cake, very sought after! You're a lucky girl to still have one to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics and workmanship! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete