Sunday, March 30, 2014

Falling Behind (so what else is new)

Ok, so I'm supposed to have 12 blocks finished for the Layer Cake Quilt Along.  I have just 8 finished.

However, I do have all the rest of the HSTs cut and sewn. Some are even trimmed nice and neat.  It will take me very little time to put the block together. I'll hopefully get them done tomorrow night after work.
 I'm using a layer cake of Ruby.  The only colors will be green, pink, red, gray and turquoise. The background is Kona Snow.   I'm liking it so far.  My favorite block is the green and red one in the middle of the top row.
I haven't been completely slacking.  I did finish a baby quilt.  I'll post a picture next time.
This is the quilt has been taking up most of my time.
I finished piecing the top at retreat.  It's all sandwiched and is in the process of being quilted.  I used a fat quarter pack of Simply Color.  I didn't want to buy any yardage (and not because I went on a royal fabric binge 3 times in the last 6 weeks) so I decided to use some of the leftovers pieces and unused fat quarters.
This is what the back looked like while I was playing with the fabric.  It took me all day yesterday to measure and piece, but it came together rather nicely if I do say so myself.  Photos later. 

Joyful stitching,
jane


5 comments :

  1. Sometimes I manage to keep up with my blocks, but never get anything into a flimsy...........................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scrappy back! Can't wait to see this all finished. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. Can't wait to see that quilt all quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm loving the hexie quilt - can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Join the club... I'm so far behind on all my projects! These are coming along beautifully. I love that sampler, and all my favorite colors:-)

    ReplyDelete