Sunday, January 12, 2014

Make it do

Use it up,
wear it out,
make it do,
or do without.

Make it do.  Yup, my motto for 2014.  It was kismet when I read Sarah's blog and saw that she was hosting the perfect way for me to start the year.
FairyFace Designs

After the stress and excesses of the holidays, I'm ready to get back in touch with my thrifty side.  After going through my stash last night, I realized I probably would not have to buy any fabric in 2014 (but of course, I will). I went on a bit of a fabric binge in November, but haven't bought any since.  My fabric purchases in 2014 will be carefully thought out.

I've been looking at the Economy blocks that people have been posting and tried out a couple.

I enjoyed making these and will probably make a bunch more.  I'm not in any hurry, so this will be a long-term project.
I also started cutting another scrap project.

This will be a scrappy star quilt.  No purchases necessary.
And I finally cut into a fat-quarter pack of Simply Color that I purchased last summer.
The name of the pattern is Hexie Garden.  It's all cut and ready to go.

Joyful stitching,
jane



No comments :

Post a Comment